Saturday, January 14, 2017

What is a Family?

There are many different ways to define "family", this is the dictionary definition
fam·i·ly
ˈfam(ə)lē/
noun
  1. 1.
    a group consisting of parents and children living together in a household.
  2. 2.
    all the descendants of a common ancestor.


I define family differently. Family is not always those who you share a bloodline with or those who you shared a living space with. Family is those who you trust, love and respect. Family is those who stick by you and support your life choices and difficulties. Your family is who you want by your side when you are making big decisions and those who want to share the small joys with. I have members in my family that I do not share a bloodline with and there are people that I do share a bloodline with that I do not consider family. Those that I do not share a bloodline with are a part of my family because they have seen me at my worst times and have supported me and loved me as I worked to overcome life's challenges. I truly believe that family is who you live with, laugh with and love. There are going to be moments in life where you feel completely alone. It is those people who stand by you as you tackle the challenges in life who are your family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment